What’s your stress coping style?

Take our quiz to find out!
͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­
 
Healthline
 
 
Wellness Wire
 
 
In a Nutshell
I recently took one of Healthline's mental health quizzes and discovered that "mindfulness" is my stress coping style. I also found out which activities and supplements could help me chill out when I'm overwhelmed.
"Chaos is your kryptonite," the results informed me. True. "You need calm in your life and look inward to feel centered." Also true!
Want to find out your personal coping style? Scroll down to learn more and take the same quiz.
Feel better: 6 home remedies for hemorrhoids
Nourish yourself: Is it healthy to eat a banana for breakfast?
Keep in mind: Signs and symptoms of a magnesium deficiency
Be well,
Morgan Mandriota
Newsletter Editor, Healthline
 
 
  Written by Morgan Mandriota
April 29, 2024 • 3 min read
 
 
 
How do you cope with stress?
what's got us buzzing
How do you cope with stress?
Some people like to blow off steam by going for a run or hitting the gym — and shout out to them! When I'm tense, the last thing I want to do is exercise. I prefer to vent to someone, journal on my couch, or unwind by the water. As confirmed by this quiz, self-reflection and mindfulness strategies like these are my go-to stress relief remedy.️
Calling my best friend ranting to vent about what just pissed me off helps to ground me. Freewriting (rage writing) in my journal allows me to get my thoughts out of my spiraling brain and down on paper. Sitting on a big rock alongside the Hudson River, staring off at the mountains reminds me just how small I am, and how small my problems are. These are some of the self-care strategies I regularly lean on, and they tend to de-stress me every time.️
If you can't think of anything that helps to relieve your stress or you're looking for new self-care ideas, taking our coping style quiz might be a good place to start!️
This quiz is no substitute for therapy or professional advice, of course — it's more of a fun and insightful self-assessment that I wanted to share in case it could help anyone. If you're interested and have 5 minutes to spare, I recommend you try it out.️
take the quiz
 
 
 
Great finds
Another Speks toy!
 
 
 
Speks Gump Stress Balls
Speks Gump Stress Balls
I recently gushed about Speks' tiny magnetic balls in another newsletter. This time, we're talking about another fidget toy from the same brand: Gump! Gump is a super squishy stress ball made from memory gel that you can stretch, squeeze, and smush. This pack comes with three balls — keep or gift them as you will.
SHOP NOW
Every product we recommend has gone through either Healthline's or Optum Store's vetting processes. If you buy through links on this page, we may receive a small commission or other tangible benefit. Healthline has sole editorial control over this newsletter. Potential uses for the products listed here are not health claims made by the manufacturers. Healthline and Optum Store are owned by RVO Health.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
health stories you need
What we're reading next
Natural remedies for signs of aging. Tired of using expensive creams and serums? Try these DIY options instead.
🍒 Anti-inflammatory foods to eat. Plus, a list of foods that may make inflammation worse.
Techniques for boosting concentration. Learn what might be disrupting your focus, too.
👀 What is a macular hole in the eye? For starters, it's one potential cause of blurry vision.
 
 
 
 
Thanks for reading! If you take the quiz, I'd love to know your results or thoughts. Email wellnesswire@healthline.com to share.
 
 
 
 
 
Until next time,
healthline
Take care of yourself, and we'll see
you again soon!
 
 
Telegram
This edition was powered by
alone time.
 
fb   tiktok   X   youtube   insta
View in browser

Did a friend send you this email? Subscribe here.
To see all newsletters, click here.

Privacy    |    Unsubscribe

Our website services, content, and products are for informational purposes only. Healthline does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and should not be used as a substitute for medical advice from a healthcare professional. Healthline encourages you to make any treatment decisions with your healthcare professional. Healthline is owned by RVO Health.

© 2024 Healthline Media LLC
275 7th Ave., 24th Floor
New York, NY 10001
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment